May 10, 2011 – SEIU 521 Santa Clara County members reminded the Board of Supervisors Tuesday that they are committed to helping the county get ready for the new health care law AND they expect accountability and transparency from the County Executive.
While members supported the county decision to approve another $500,000 for health care consultant A&M to continue its work, they also stressed they would be awaiting a 12-step plan – one with facts and figures, dates and deadlines, goals and achievements clearly laid out.
Members also spoke up against proposed budget cuts that would devastate the county’s safety net and services for working families. They have offered nearly $100 million in budget solutions and urged the board to give them serious consideration.
Santa Clara County Members: Take Action!
1. Don’t miss your next General Membership Meeting:
Santa Clara County Chapter General Membership Meeting
Thursday, May 12 @ 6 p.m.
2302 Zanker Road, San Jose
– Protect our retirement, benefits, and jobs
– Get our budget solutions passed to save jobs
– Get $14 billion state revenues passed to prevent further cuts
2. Sign up for union email alerts and encourage your co-workers to do the same:
(Enter “Santa Clara County” in the Employer field)
3. Like our Chapter Facebook page and encourage your co-workers to do the same:
4. Get the most up to date information on the Budget crisis: