Salud Para La Gente workers are always willing to step up and shoulder our fair share of cuts in hard economic times.
But Salud Para La Gente management has…
– REJECTED their contract proposals
– REJECTED their request for mediation
– WHILE INSISTING ON instituting a merit pay system.
That’s plain wrong. Why?
Because such a system, implemented with the current group of managers, will only foster nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.
Salud Para La Gente collective work is what keeps the clinics going and thriving. Salud Para La Gente is even adding more sites in Monterey County, because of all we do.
We ALL work hard to provide the best services to our clients, and we ALL need to be compensated fairly.
– A merit-pay system would DENY future COLAs [cost of living adjustments] to workers.
– A merit-pay system would STOP salary steps.
– A merit-pay system results in disparate treatment of employees which leads to demoralized workers. THIS IS NOT a way to keep quality services high for our clients.
“We want the employer to adopt standards that would prevent favoritism. The way it is now, we already see some who get better scheduling and assignments based on how well they get along with managers.”
— Nick Sandoval, Health Educator, Salud Para La Gente
Salud Para La Gente workers, please attend the Board Of Directors Meeting:
Monday, July 25th at 6:00 p.m.
195 Aviation Way, Watsonville