Let’s keep it up!
After months of holding strong at the negotiating table and taking non-stop actions in the worksites, we FINALLY saw some progress at the negotiations table Thursday with Management for the first time acknowledging SEIU 521’s “Equitable Cuts” argument.
Management is now vigorously working with the county’s Office of the Budget and Analysis department to redo how they distribute the cuts.
Management now suggests they are going to move off the original $53 million in target cuts to SEIU 521 workers to a lower number.
However, the Negotiating Team will make no decision or movement until we see Management’s proposal on paper.
In the meantime, we need to keep up the pressure in the worksites.
We need support from our Stewards and co-workers!
Here’s the 1-2-3-4 (and more)
1. Mark the date: 8 a.m., Aug. 9, Board of Supervisors rally
2. Keep those awesome Unity Breaks going!
3. Be a cheerleader; bring co-workers to Unity Breaks. Keep up the participation.
4. Help pass out flyers about contract updates or actions.
5. Talk to members.
6. Come to actions and HELP.
7. Turn in the signed Declarations of Support! Deadline is by Aug. 1 so that CATs can bundle them up and present to the board of supervisors at the Aug. 9 meeting.
* Strike information: what it means, how it works, etc. is coming next week.
As always, the latest contract news or action announcements can be found on:
The Santa Clara County Chapter web page: www.seiu521.org/sccgov
and on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/SEIU521SantaClara