Click here to watch the encounter between a member leader and Fresno County’s anti-union supervisor inside McDonalds.
Support Fresno County workers: Call the BOS today!
Call or email the Fresno County Board of Supervisors and tell them that you support the Fresno County workers.
Continue to show your support by posting comments on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SEIU521FRESNO
More than 2,000 Fresno County workers made their voices heard Tuesday in the second day of a three-day strike, converging in downtown Fresno and winning supportive honks from passing motorists all day long.
Inside as the Board of Supervisors met, SEIU 521 members packed the chamber and sent a clear message: Come back to the table and bargain!
Chanting, marching, and generally making big-time noise, Day 2 of the strike was covered by TV and two radio stations.
The strike is demonstrating the importance of county workers, as departments have been failing to perform even the most basic services required by law.
County workers said repeatedly that they want to work, but the BOS gave workers no choice but to strike by refusing to negotiate and then imposing working conditions on employees without the protection of a contract while workers were still voting.
See media coverage:
- KSEE 24: SEIU strike continues (Video and article)
- Mercury News: Fresno County workers walk off job again
- ABC News: Fresno County employees return to the picket line (Video and article)
- CBS47: SEIU members strike for second day (Video and article)
- California Healthline: Nurses union participates in Fresno County labor walkout
- The Fresno Bee: Fresno County strike enters Day 2; union, county officials still at odds
- KMPH: Fresno County Workers On Strike: Day 2 (Video and article)
- KMJ Now: Fresno County workers take strike to supervisors (Video and article)
See photo slideshow:
For more information and media coverage of strike day 1, click here.