Hosted by SEIU Nurse Alliance of California and SEIU Local 521
2012 Public Health Nurse Conference
WHEN: Thursday, April 12
WHERE: Kern County Public Health Building
1800 Mt. Vernon Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93306
(First Floor Conference Room)
TIME: Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. & Class 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How will national healthcare reform impact our daily work as PHNs?
Can we affect changes in our professional practice to improve safety?
Join us for the 2nd annual conference held solely for public health nurses!
Attending nurses will learn what impact the Affordable Care Act has and will have on the Public Health System and how nurses will lead the way. Nurses will also learn methods to assess, identify, categorize, and triage trends in public health nurse jurisdictions, which will create safer workloads, affect staffing improvements and improve safety for the communities we serve.
Featured speakers & agenda topics:
- Frances Wilson, RNC, MSN a Clinical Nurse Specialist for Acute Care Services/Telemetry at Kern Medical will present ‘Back to Basics: Assessment, Staging and Management of Pressure Ulcers and Other Wounds.’
- Getting back to our roots: A History of Public Health Nursing, presented by PHN Members of Local 521, Abigail Romo and Elaine Anthony.
Breakfast and lunch provided.
“It’s not often that PHN’s across the state of California can attend a conference to not only network, but gain knowledge to enhance our nursing practice and celebrate our being PHN’s!”
— Elaine Anthony, RN, PHN
(SEIU Local 521)
** Approved for 6 contact hours by the BRN Provider NO.3413 **
NOTE: You must participate in the entire conference to be given credit.
Register Today! Your involvement will make a difference.
- To register, please fill out the short form below.
In the message field, include your mailing address and your home or cell phone number.
- Or, call Ramona Faucette at (661) 321-4172, or send her an email: email@example.com.
- Or, fax this registration form to (661) 325-7814. (PDF)