Our bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with the county!
Our bargaining team is recommending a YES vote!!
After months of bargaining, Stanislaus County and the bargaining team have come to a tentative agreement on a successor MOU:
- Term of agreement: July 2012 through June 2014
- Continuation of 5 percent pay cut of the last two years + 1 percent more for a TOTAL
of 6 percent pay cut
- 48 hours of special accrued leave time
- Expansion of alternaive/flexible work schedule for most employees represented by SEIU Local 521
- Agreement to continue discussions about adverse material being removed from personnel file
- 40 hours of vacation cashout, with an agreement to continue discussions on expanding the amount
- At SEIU Local 521’s request, the county has agreed to have discussions with SEIU and the county’s current medical plan providers to evaluate ways to reduce medical plan costs. Our union will be bringing in experts to work with the county’s medical plan providers to work on ways to reduce our costs for health coverage.
- Jury and military time count as productive time for overtime purposes. Clarifies that holidays where the county is closed are productive time for overtime purposes.
- Expansion of sick leave to cover more family members than FMLA requires.
Monday, July 9
Turlock Regional Recovery Services, 2101 Geer Road, Turlock 8-10 a.m.
Community Services Agency, 251 E. Hackett Rd, Modesto 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Stanislaus County Main Library, 1500 “I” Street, Modesto, 4-7 p.m.
Tuesday, July 10
Modesto Medical Offices, 1209 Woodrow Ave, Suite B-10, Modesto, 8-10 a.m.
Jana Lynn Plaza, 500 North 9th St, Modesto, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Community Services Agency, 251 E. Hackett Rd, Modesto, 3-7 p.m.
Wednesday, July 11
Leaps and Bounds, 4640 Spyres Way, Bldg B, Suite 7, Modesto, 8-10 a.m.
Stanislaus Recovery Center, 1809 Richland Ave, Ceres 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Stanislaus County Animal Services, 3647 Cornucopia Way, Modesto, 3-5 p.m.
Thursday, July 12
Health Services Agency, 830 Scenic Drive, Modesto, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The vote count will follow this vote.