On the evenings January 2nd & 3rd 2013, your elected bargaining team once again negotiated with Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas (CSVS) management on proposals that will protect you as workers and give you a voice at work.
Since beginning bargaining in May 2012, our Union has proposed over several bargaining sessions, 34 proposals that provide:
* Rights to a fair hearing and representation for any discipline resulting in loss of wages
* Establishment of a Labor & Management group to discuss & resolve potential disputes in an efficient and productive manner and help develop a collaborative relationship with management
* Vacation, Sick and Personal Time Accrual
* Pay periods on the 1st & 15th, rather than the 5th & 20th, which creates a hardship for many, when rent and bills are due.
* Bilingual premium pay
* Education & Training language including re-imbursement
* Establishment of Patient Care Committees – an avenue for you as workers to contribute in the continued delivery of quality health care for the patients of CSVS
* Health & Safety language – to protect you and the patients on the job
As of Tuesday, January 2, 2013, we have reached two (2) agreements on language:
2. Savings Clause
SEIU 521 has been requesting and continues to await complete information on the Job Descriptions, which CSVS states are being revised, do not exist or have not changed from what was provided to us in May 2012 and October 2012. But there are still many unanswered questions and we hope that CSVS will provide the information within the next week, as they have stated, so that your bargaining team can present a Wage proposal that is reasonable and realistic based on the current job descriptions.
At our next mee ting we will be discussing in depth all the proposals for your review and feedback, including our wage proposal.
Make YOUR voice heard!
ATTEND THE NEXT UNION MEETING ON:
Sunday, Jan. 13 – 10:00 a.m.-Noon
SEIU 521 (Union Hall), 334 Monterey St, Salinas
Please RSVP at 831-784-2560 OR Gina Izquierdo at 784-6575.