On May Day, members rallied for Commonsense Immigration Reform
The commonsense immigration reform that we have been fighting for years to achieve is at hand. We joined together with thousands of other concerned citizens who participated in hundreds of actions across the country on May 1st.
In San Jose, SEIU members from Locals 521, 1000, USWW, and UHW joined thousands who marched to City Hall.
Coverage can be found in the Mercury News.
In Santa Cruz, SEIU 521 members joined individuals from the Monterey Bay Labor Council and other AFL-CIO affiliated organizations for the rally. After rallying at the Town Clock, many in the group marched down Pacific Avenue to the Del Mar Theatre to view “Harvest of Empire” at the Reel Work May Day Labor Film Festival.
See the photos here.
In Fresno, SEIU 521 members joined thousands to march for Commonsense Immigration Reform:
SEIU Local 521 is ready to work for practical immigration reform that leads to:
- Economic growth with better wages for all workers
- A clear roadmap to citizenship for hardworking, tax-paying families
- Everyone – including employers – paying their fair share of taxes
- Keeping families together
- More workers being able to join union activities without the fear of deportation or retaliation