Western Gorvernors University (WGU) offers educational opportunity for our RN members to get an advanced degree at a 5% discount.
Western Governors University (WGU), www.wgu.edu, Healthcare Career Advancement Program (H-CAP), and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), www.seiu.org, have partnered to provide the union’s 85,000 nurses a new, more affordable means to earn advanced degrees. Under the terms of an agreement with the Healthcare Career Advancement Program (H-CAP), SEIU members will receive information regarding WGU’s accredited BSN and MSN degree programs as well as eligibility for a 5% discount for up to two years.
WGU provides SEIU members a 5% tuition discount for four terms and it applies to the following programs:
- B.S. Nursing (RN to BSN)
- B.S. Nursing (Prelicensure) Available in select areas of California
- M.S. Nursing—Education (BSN to MSN)
- M.S. Nursing—Education (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Nursing—Leadership and Management (BSN to MSN)
- M.S. Nursing—Leadership and Management (RN to MSN Option)
In order for WGU to identify the student as an SEIU member, you will need a verification letter to be filled out and signed by an authorized SEIU 521 local staff.
For more information: