More than 150 workers gathered at Noon on Monday, July 15, outside Santa Clara County headquarters to call on county leaders to invest in frontline workers and frontline services.
Our current contract has been extended to July 23 and we must make sure the county hears our message loud and clear, which is to put Community First!
“These contracts are not won at the negotiations table; they’re won in the workplace. They’re won when you wear purple to work, when you come to these Unity Breaks, when you put purple up in your cubicle just to let the bosses know we’re here, we’re purple and we mean business!”
– Muriel Frederick, Board Clerk & Region 1 Vice President
Our Mega Unity Breaks will be in different locations throughout this week (July 15 – July 18). Come out at lunch to show your support for our Negotiations Team!
July 16, Tuesday: 12 noon – 1 p.m., Senter Road
July 17, Wednesday:
- 12 noon – 1 p.m., Berger Drive
- 2 pm – 5:30 pm, Valley Medical Center
July 18, Thursday : 12 noon – 1 p.m., Julian Street
July 22, Monday: 12 noon, 379 Tomkins Court, Gilroy, CA 95020
For more information, contact your worksite organizer or local CAT member.
- Sign up for SEIU text message updates: Text 521 to 787753
- Like us on our Facebook Page: SEIU 521 Santa Clara County Chapter
- Can’t make it to our event? Wear Purple at your work.