Santa Cruz County wants deep cuts.
Come to the rally Thursday! (Two locations)
We’ve made multiple sacrifices over the years to help maintain community services. We’ve done furloughs, passed on wage increases, and worked harder with fewer resources and support.
The economy is better now, yet many residents greatly rely on the community services we provide.
Now is the time for the county to reinvest in its workforce, so that we can better serve our community.
But instead of investing in quality services and a cutting-edge workforce, management’s proposal is to take money out of the pockets of workers in the 1st year and 2nd year of the contract, and then give some of our money back on the 3rd year. This proposal leaves our members worse off! Especially after all the sacrifices workers have made to maintain services.
Their proposal comes down to the following:
- Effective September 1, 2013: County takes a 5.7% cut to workers by taking the 4% PERS contribution and 1.7% in furlough.
- Effective July 1, 2014: County takes another 3% cut as additional PERS employee contribution and adds a wage increase of 1.5%, for a net loss of 1.5% to workers.
- Effective July 1, 2015: Workers get some of our money back through a 1.5% wage increase, yet still remain worse off than in previous years.
- Management is also still holding on to a proposal that will push people into a lower cost health insurance plan without being able to provide us with sufficient information about the plan.
- Management is “throwing a bone’ by adding an 8th step increase.
Come to the rally on Thursday, Sept. 5, noon
Santa Cruz: 701 Ocean Street
Watsonville: Main Street Plaza
We urgently need everyone to come! Stop whatever you’re doing, put down your work, and come to a rally. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
RSVP that you will be attending one of the rallies by Wednesday, Sept. 4, at noon so that we can bring enough lunches. You can RSVP with a CAT member or send an email to Bobby.Lopez@seiu521.org or call 824-9255.