Sept. 6 update: The membership voted yes on the tentative agreement.
Tulare County Superior Courts workers have a new contract that protects their benefits and wages over the next two years. The new contract is from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2015. New contracts will be posted on our website soon.
After four hard-fought bargaining sessions, Tulare County Superior Courts Chapter was able to reach a tentative agreement with management for a two year contract.
Highlights of the new contract:
- Benefits for laid off employees including an extension of health insurance benefits through the end of the year, and first priority for job vacancies within the courts.
- Saved bilingual pay.
- Protected merit increases, so members will see $122,000 in increases over the next 2 years!
- No increase in health insurance premiums.
- Court Reporters will not lose real time certification pay.
- A guarantee that the bargaining team and management will come back to the table to consider wage and benefit increases if the court receives new funding in the current fiscal year.