Listen to SEIU 521 Chief Elected Officer Luisa Blue’s interview by NPR about our effort to reach uninsured families and connect them to Covered California:
NPR, Morning Edition, Oct. 11, 2013 (MP3)
Luisa Blue, head of the local Service Employees International Union in San Jose, Calif., has five more months to spend $1 million. The union received a grant from , the state’s health insurance marketplace, to educate the public about the exchange.
SEIU is using some of the money to call people in their homes at night and on the weekend. “Over 4,000 (people) have said tell me more about Covered California and how can I enroll to get health insurance,” Blue says of the union’s first two weeks on the case.
- If you are unable to attend and uninsured, or are interested in learning more about affordable coverage for you, your family and friends, tell us here.
- Don’t miss out! Make sure you sign up for email updates. Stay tuned for information about more upcoming outreach events and how you can participate.
- Learn more about the health plans that will be available in 2014 by visiting www.coveredca.com
- Got questions now? Email email@example.com
- Spread the word! Forward this to coworkers, friends, and family members who may be looking for affordable health plans.