The free health fair event was co-hosted on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013 by State Sen. Jim Beall, Sourcewise, previously Council on Aging Silicon Valley, SEIU Local 521 and Community Health Partnership at Mayfair community Center in San Jose.
The event drew a large crowd anxious to learn about their health care options.
It was part of a series of events SEIU 521 is co-hosting in its outreach campaign to local communities about their health care options with Covered California. Learn more about SEIU 521’s effort and the Covered California grant our union received for its outreach campaign.
Listen to SEIU 521 Chief Elected Officer Luisa Blue’s interview by NPR about our effort to reach uninsured families and connect them to Covered California.
- If you are uninsured or are interested in learning more about affordable coverage for you, your family and friends, tell us here.
- Don’t miss out! Make sure you sign up for email updates. Stay tuned for information about more upcoming outreach events and how you can participate.
- Learn more about the health plans that will be available in 2014 by visiting www.coveredca.com
- Got questions now? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the word! Forward this to coworkers, friends, and family members who may be looking for affordable health plans.