March 31 is the last day to sign up for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act or face fines. More than one million Californians have successfully enrolled into health plans through Covered California. SEIU Local 521 and our partners plan to boost that number at a March 22 Community Health Fair in Fresno.
WHEN: Saturday, March 22, 9:00a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Big Fresno Fairgrounds, Gem and Minerals Building
1121 South Chance Ave., Fresno, CA 93702 (map)
A proud participant of Covered California’s Outreach and Education Grant Program, our Certified Educators have already reached nearly 125,000 people who are likely eligible for financial assistance through Covered California.
Attendees at the Fresno fair will receive free health services, education about high quality, low cost plans available through Covered California, and private counseling for enrollment into Covered California, Medi-Cal and CalFresh. In addition, representatives from Telemundo will provide free giveaways and representatives from WE Connect will help set up appointments for free tax preparation services.
For more information, click here.
Sponsored by: Covered California, SEIU Local 521
In Partnership With: Telemundo, Fresno County Department of Public Health, Clinica Sierra Vista, WE Connect, Service Employees International Union – United Healthcare Workers (SEIU-UHW), United Way Fresno, Sierra Nevada Opportunity Political Action Committee (SNOPAC), HandsOn Central California, and the Fresno Center for New Americans (FCNA).
For more information, visit getcoverednowca.com or call: 559-549-4798
Listen to SEIU 521 Chief Elected Officer Luisa Blue’s interview by NPR about our effort to reach uninsured families and connect them to Covered California.
- If you are uninsured or are interested in learning more about affordable coverage for you, your family and friends, tell us here.
- Don’t miss out! Make sure you sign up for email updates. Stay tuned for information about more upcoming outreach events and how you can participate.
- Learn more about the health plans that are available by visiting www.coveredca.com
- Got questions now? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the word! Forward this to coworkers, friends, and family members who may be looking for affordable health plans.