Feb. 27, 2014
SEIU Brothers and Sisters,
The city broke impasse! Yesterday, February 26, your Bargaining Team met with the city’s Bargaining Team. A new proposal from the city was presented. A new proposal that acknowledged the concerns of membership on healthcare, wages, and realignments. A new proposal that your bargaining team supports and recommends a YES vote! Attend the Contract Ratification Vote next week to hear the details of the new proposal and cast your vote.
CONTRACT RATIFICATION VOTE
WHEN: Tuesday, March 4
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Cubberley Community Theater
4000 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto
ONLY MEMBERS CAN VOTE!
Become a full member today or sign up to be a member at the door.
We understand that members may want to hear details now. However as a general practice, we do not release details in advance for a couple of reasons:
- Members that like the new proposal, think it’s a done deal, so usually don’t exercise their right to vote in favor. Members that do not like the new proposal, make it a priority to come out to vote – against it. These votes skew the voting and the results don’t accurately reflect the majority of membership’s interest. We want everyone to come out and vote.
- Members in good standing should hear the details of the new proposal first.
The city’s new proposal did not just fall in our laps. It was our solidarity and your participation in union activities that persuaded the city to move from their best, last and final proposal. Let our solidarity and membership grow stronger and remain strong for our 2015 negotiations.
Chapter Council will gather on Tuesday, March 4 (12:00 – 1:00 pm) in the Ballroom at Lucie Stern. Cancelled
Margaret Adkins, Chapter Chair
Bargaining Team Members: Margaret Adkins; Luis Uribe; Eli Serumalani; Peggy Quillman; Oscar Godinez; Josh Wallace; Anthony Mouton; Peter Quiroz; Erwin Gonzales.
BE INVOLVED – IT’S YOUR FUTURE!
******Please share with your fellow employees.******
SEIU 521 Palo Alto members, it’s time to sign up for updates so we can get a win at the negotiation table!
- Sign up for email and/or text updates.
For text only, simply text 521PaloAlto to 787753 to subscribe.*
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/seiu521PaloAlto
- Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/seiu521PaloAlto
1. SEIU Local 521 will never charge you for text messages, however carrier message and data rates may apply, depending on your wireless carrier and service plan.
2. Text STOP to 787753 to unsubscribe, and HELP for more information. Periodic updates, up to 5 per week.
3. We can send text messages to all carriers except Cricket and MetroPCS. We are working to add those carriers.