Call on Yeager to Support Home Care

English | Chinese | Spanish | Vietnamese

Tell Supervisor Yeager: Support Quality Care @ Home

QC-at-H-heartSanta Clara County needs to invest in the In-Home Supportive Services for its growing population of seniors and people with disabilities.

We need your help to win fair wages for home care workers, and more investment in our IHSS system.

If we work together and keep up the pressure, we can win this fight!

Call County Supervisor Ken Yeager and ask him to support Quality Care @ Home.

Dial: (408) 299-5040

What to say on the phone:

“Hi, my name is _____[YOUR NAME]______, and I am an IHSS home care provider in ____[TOWN WHERE YOU WORK]_____. I am calling to speak with or leave a message for Supervisor Ken Yeager.

I am asking Supervisor Yeager to support quality care at home. I would like you to invest in the health and wellbeing of our communities.

That means improving access to care and paying home care workers fair wages. The average IHSS worker earns 65% below self-sufficiency. Many of us are living in poverty. It is impossible for us to keep up with the rising cost of living.

The county has given other unions cost of living adjustments. Will you do the same for home care workers?

Thank you for your time.”

Did you like this? Share it:

Comments about Call on Yeager to Support Home Care are welcome. Off-topic comments and other violations of our community guidelines may be withheld or removed. Comments do not appear immediately after posting.

Leave a Reply