Even with the Supreme Court decision today, nothing is going to stop our home care workers from organizing to create good jobs and improve the IHSS program for our clients.
However in order to do this, we need to stay strong as union members.
If you are not yet a member, please join us today!
The Supreme Court decision was very specific to the State of Illinois.
Our union has achieved real results for our home care workers:
1) We won overtime for home care workers in California on June 15;
2) We stopped the Governor from curtailing client’s right to choose their own provider;
3) In Santa Clara County, we won wage increases and our wages have increased to $12.44 per hour and will rise to $13 by 2016 – the highest in California.
In San Mateo County, we are currently in contract negotiations.
Over the past 3 months, more than 3,000 home care workers have joined as members of our union to get real results as previously described.
Can we count on you to join us to continue our hard work in improving the lives of home care workers and our clients?
Become a member today!
Contribute to COPE: Fight the attacks on working families. We need to stand together. That’s how we build our political power!
(Only SEIU union members and executive/administrative staff who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents are eligible to contribute to SEIU COPE.)
Download the COPE Homecare application form (PDF):
Home Care COPE Form in English | Home Care COPE Form in Spanish
* Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/SEIU521homecare
* Sign up for Text Updates: Simply text Homecare to 787-753.
Para recibir noticias en espanol a su telefono, envie HomecareESP al numero 787-753.