While the Tentative Agreement was voted down, we continue to work on a path forward as a union. We must be united and informed.
Our current contract expired on Sunday, June 21 at midnight, but many of our important rights stay the same.
Working without a contract: What does it mean?
- The county cannot change our wages or working conditions.
- All benefits, including health care, will remain in effect.
- The grievance procedure continues, but the county may refuse to arbitrate grievances filed during this period.
- We have the right to take unfair disciplines to Personnel Board.
- We have the legal right to participate in “concerted activity.” We can wear buttons and stickers, distribute union leaflets and take action by participating in informational picketing.