Call 866-426-2631 March 16 to tell Congress: Stop the repeal bill & start over!
Are the lines busy? Use this tool to get a call back.
The GOP plan would rip healthcare from millions of Americans and end Medicaid as we know it with extreme cuts to funding healthcare for children, seniors and people with disabilities who have the least ability to pay. This would mean weaker protections for our health security, higher costs and less care for millions of our families, patients, consumers and our communities.
Lives are at risk. Jobs are on the line. Communities will suffer.
Congressional leaders are rushing to push through this bill so it becomes law in as few as 30 days. We must take action now. Stand up for those who will be left behind.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released their score for the latest version of the Republican Healthcare bill. The non-partisan office that ranks all bills came back with shocking facts about how the bill would play out.
Among the findings:
- 24 million fewer Americans would have health insurance by 2026, 18 million would lose coverage next year.
- Premiums would spike by 15 to 20 percent in certain markets during the first year due to market instability and adverse selection.
- Prices in healthcare will eventually fall as insurers offer worse coverage.
- Medicaid recipients would be evaluated every six months for eligibility, causing further instability.
- $361 billion in tax credits for high-wage earners.
What else can you do?
Are you on Facebook? Share this event widely.
If you can, attend events in key Congressional Districts to fight the GOP plan.
These events are being coordinated by MoveOn Thursday, March 16 and Friday, March 17 from morning to night targeting Congress Members. Click here for a complete list of events.
Here are a few of these events:
Rep. Denham’s Modesto office (4701 Sisk Rd., Suite 202, Modesto, CA 95356)
- March 16: 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 11:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 2:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 7:30 AM, 1:30 PM
- March 17: 11:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 5:30 PM, 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 8:30 AM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 7:30 AM, 1:30 PM
Rep. Valadao’s Hanford office (101 N. Irwin St., Suite 110B, Hanford, CA 93230)
- March 16: 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 9:30 AM, 5:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 8:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 3:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 1:30 PM
- March 17: 12:30 PM, 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 3:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 4:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 1:30 PM
Rep. Valadao’s Bakersfield office (2700 M St., Suite #250B, Bakersfield, CA 93301)
- March 16: 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 3:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 7:30 AM, 4:30 PM, 1:30 PM
- March 17: 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 10:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 7:30 AM, 1:30 PM