|State Senate District 12: Anna Caballero – WIN
Anna Caballero began her career advocating for farmworkers and working people in Salinas and the Central Valley. She believes everyone should be treated with dignity and respect at work and has fought for families and our children as an elected official.
Assembly District 30: Robert Rivas – WIN
Robert Rivas knows what it’s like to be a public sector worker. Before becoming a San Benito County Supervisor, he worked for the Clerk of the Board in Monterey County. He will be a strong voice for workers in Sacramento.
|U.S. Congress District 20: Jimmy Panetta – WIN|
|City of Salinas Mayor: Joe Gunter – WIN|
|City of Salinas Council District 3: Steve McShane – WIN|
|City of Salinas Council District 5: Christie Cromeenes (Dual Endorsement) – Close; waiting for final results|
|City of Salinas Council District 5: Andrew Sandoval (Dual Endorsement) – Close; waiting for final results|
|Soledad Unified School District: Jess Barreras – Close; waiting for final results|
|Gonzales Unified School District: Araceli Flores – WIN|
- California Governor: Gavin Newsom – WIN
- California Lt. Governor: Ed Hernandez – LOSS
- California Attorney General: Xavier Becerra – WIN
- California Secretary of State: Alex Padilla – WIN
- California Treasurer: Fiona Ma – WIN
- California Controller: Betty Yee – WIN
- California Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara– Close; waiting for final results
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond – WIN
State Ballot Measures*
- Proposition 1 (YES): Veterans and Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 2 (YES): No Place Like Home Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 4 (YES): Children’s Hospital Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 5 (NO): Higher Housing Costs. Cuts to Schools – WIN
- Proposition 6 (NO): Stop the Attack on Bridge and Road Safety – WIN
- Proposition 8 (YES): Fair Pricing for Dialysis Act. Limits Charges – LOSS
- Proposition 10 (YES): Affordable Housing Act (Repeals Costa Hawkins, Expands Locals’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Property) – LOSS
- Proposition 11 (NO): Emergency Ambulance Employee Safety and Preparedness (Requires Private Ambulance Workers to Remain On-Call During Breaks) – LOSS
- Proposition 12 (YES): Prevention of Cruelty to Farm Animals – WIN
- U.S. Senate: Kevin de León – LOSS
* SEIU California Endorsed. Local 521 members participated in the SEIU California One Voice process that led to these endorsements. SEIU members across California gathered at regional town halls and our statewide convention to hear from candidates for district office, statewide office, and Congress. Members have exercised their voice and endorsed candidates who they believe will fight for our communities, support fair compensation, and the right to a union.
** Labor endorsed. Local 521 members participated in Central Labor Council candidates endorsement interviews and voted as delegates on these positions.