State Senate District 12: Anna Caballero – WIN
Anna Caballero began her career advocating for farmworkers and working people in Salinas and the Central Valley. She believes everyone should be treated with dignity and respect at work and has fought for families and our children as an elected official.
Assembly District 30: Robert Rivas – WIN
Robert is a champion for affordable housing, improved roads, safer streets, and quality education for our children.
|U.S. Congress District 20: Jimmy Panetta – WIN|
San Benito County Supervisor, District 3: Patricia Loe – Close; waiting for final results
Patricia Loe was raised in Hollister and is a former supervisor for this district. She is currently retired and sits on the San Benito County Planning Commission. Pat Loe stands with the values of the union.
San Benito County Supervisor, District 4: Jim Gillio – WIN
Jim was raised in San Benito County and is a former patrol deputy for the San Benito County Sheriff’s Department. He is currently a council member for the city of Hollister and is a small business owner. Gillio has had an open-door policy and has gone out of his way to ensure that union voices are heard.
City of Hollister Council District 3: Honor Spencer – WIN
|City of Hollister Council District 4: Marty Richman – WIN|
- YES on San Benito County Measure G: Transportation Tax – Close; waiting for final results
- YES on San Benito County Measure H: Business License Tax – Close; waiting for final results
Unfortunately, the following endorsed candidates were not successful. We appreciate your efforts on behalf of working families and our communities.
- City of Hollister Mayor: Gordon Machado
- City of Hollister Council District 2: Mickie Solorio Luna
- California Governor: Gavin Newsom – WIN
- California Lt. Governor: Ed Hernandez – LOSS
- California Attorney General: Xavier Becerra – WIN
- California Secretary of State: Alex Padilla – WIN
- California Treasurer: Fiona Ma – WIN
- California Controller: Betty Yee – WIN
- California Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara – Close; waiting for final results
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond – WIN
State Ballot Measures*
- Proposition 1 (YES): Veterans and Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 2 (YES): No Place Like Home Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 4 (YES): Children’s Hospital Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 5 (NO): Higher Housing Costs. Cuts to Schools – WIN
- Proposition 6 (NO): Stop the Attack on Bridge and Road Safety – WIN
- Proposition 8 (YES): Fair Pricing for Dialysis Act. Limits Charges – LOSS
- Proposition 10 (YES): Affordable Housing Act (Repeals Costa Hawkins, Expands Locals’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Property) – LOSS
- Proposition 11 (NO): Emergency Ambulance Employee Safety and Preparedness (Requires Private Ambulance Workers to Remain On-Call During Breaks) – LOSS
- Proposition 12 (YES): Prevention of Cruelty to Farm Animals – WIN
- U.S. Senate: Kevin de León – LOSS
* SEIU California Endorsed. Local 521 members participated in the SEIU California One Voice process that led to these endorsements. SEIU members across California gathered at regional town halls and our statewide convention to hear from candidates for district office, statewide office, and Congress. Members have exercised their voice and endorsed candidates who they believe will fight for our communities, support fair compensation, and the right to a union.
** Labor endorsed. Local 521 members participated in Central Labor Council candidates endorsement interviews and voted as delegates on these positions.