From February 5—23, SEIU Local 521 is hosting a Bulletin Board Challenge to make sure our members have the most up-to-date union info. Every week for 3 weeks, our Union Officers will choose winners.
Weeks 1 – 3, Feb. 5 – 23: Update Your Board
- Work with your co-workers to update your worksite bulletin board with the items listed below.
- Take a photo of your updated board and submit it, along with your name, job title, employer, department and worksite to email@example.com.
- All entries must include items #1-3 to be eligible to win.
- For every additional union-related item featured on your board (i.e. flyers specific to your worksite, chapter news, etc.), your team will receive an additional entry to win.
- You can keep submitting new entries throughout the 3-week period.
- At the end of each week, we will randomly choose 1 worksite team to win a Happy Hour Appetizer Party at the restaurant of their choice!
Bulletin Board Materials: *Please do not print these materials at work!
- February Together We Rise Newsletter
- Feb. 26 Oral Arguments Day event flyer
- “Right-to-Work” Threat and Solution flyer
- Meet Your Steward flyer
- SEIU Local 521’s 2018 Calendar (contact your union representative or local union office to have copies sent to your worksite!)
- The Union Difference flyer
- BONUS: Receive extra points for chapter-related materials, like chapter newsletters, your employment contract, worksite event flyers and more.
Week 2, Feb. 12-16: Bulletin Board Scavenger Hunt
Rules: One individual will be randomly selected for completing the following tasks; each task earns you one entry in the drawing, so the more tasks you complete the greater your chances! After you complete a task, you must submit it by posting your photo on the SEIU Local 521 Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/SEIU521 or @SEIU521). Each entry must include the hashtag #WeRise. Winners will receive their choice of union swag!
- Take a selfie with your bulletin board.
- Take a photo of everyone in your department in front of your bulletin board.
- Take a photo of another department’s bulletin board.
Week 3, Feb. 19-23: Poster Contest
Design your own 8.5 x 11” poster answering the question: What does my Union mean to me?
Attach your poster to your Bulletin Board, then take a photo of your poster and submit it, along with your name, job title, employer, department, and worksite to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will receive their choice of union swag! Three winners will be selected for the following categories:
- Best Message
- Most Creative Design
- Best Use of Materials