SEIU Local 521’s 2018 General Election Endorsements
This year, THE STAKES ARE HIGHER than they’ve ever been for our democracy and we need to be involved.
The following candidates and measures have earned SEIU’s endorsement for the 2018 General Election.
Click on your county to see the endorsements:
- California Governor: Gavin Newsom
- California Lt. Governor: Ed Hernandez
- California Attorney General: Xavier Becerra
- California Secretary of State: Alex Padilla
- California Treasurer: Fiona Ma
- California Controller: Betty Yee
- California Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond
State Ballot Measures*
- Proposition 1 (YES): Veterans and Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018.
- Proposition 2 (YES): No Place Like Home Act of 2018.
- Proposition 4 (YES): Children’s Hospital Bond Act of 2018.
- Proposition 5 (NO): Higher Housing Costs. Cuts to Schools.
- Proposition 6 (NO): Stop the Attack on Bridge and Road Safety.
- Proposition 8 (YES): Fair Pricing for Dialysis Act. Limits Charges.
- Proposition 10 (YES): Affordable Housing Act (Repeals Costa Hawkins, Expands Locals’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Property).
- Proposition 11 (NO): Emergency Ambulance Employee Safety and Preparedness (Requires Private Ambulance Workers to Remain On-Call During Breaks).
- Proposition 12 (YES): Prevention of Cruelty to Farm Animals.
- U.S. Senate: Kevin de León
- U.S. Congress District 10: Josh Harder
- U.S. Congress District 14: Jackie Speier
- U.S. Congress District 15: Eric Swalwell
- U.S. Congress District 17: Ro Khanna
- U.S. Congress District 18: Anna Eshoo
- U.S. Congress District 19: Zoe Lofgren
- U.S. Congress District 20: Jimmy Panetta
- U.S. Congress District 21: TJ Cox
- U.S. Congress District 22: Andrew Janz
California State Senate*
- California State Senate District 10: Bob Wieckowski
- California State Senate District 12: Anna Caballero
California State Assembly*
- Assembly District 19: Phil Ting
- Assembly District 22: Kevin Mullin
- Assembly District 25: Kansen Chu
- Assembly District 26: Jose Sigala
- Assembly District 27: Ash Kalra
- Assembly District 28: Evan Low
- Assembly District 29: Mark Stone
- Assembly District 30: Robert Rivas
- Assembly District 31: Dr. Joaquin Arambula
- Assembly District 32: Rudy Salas
* SEIU California Endorsed. Local 521 members participated in the SEIU California One Voice process that led to these endorsements. SEIU members across California gathered at regional town halls and our statewide convention to hear from candidates for district office, statewide office, and Congress. Members have exercised their voice and endorsed candidates who they believe will fight for our communities, support fair compensation, and the right to a union.
** Labor endorsed. Local 521 members participated in Central Labor Council candidates endorsement interviews and voted as delegates on these positions.