We represent nearly 11,000 workers at the County of Santa Clara.
UPDATED December 19, 2016
Reclassification or Reallocation?
There have been questions about whether members are currently applying for a Reallocation or a Reclassification.
The Reclassification window is the opportunity for you to re-classify one of 3 possible ways:
1) A Classification using similar codes/classes from another County
(Example: I’m a Justice System Clerk II in Probation, but I find a classification in Alameda County for a “Probation Clerk” that best describes the duties I perform)
2) A Classification that creates a brand new code and job specification
(Example: I want to create a new classification and duties for a Justice System Clerk III. This process is harder)
3) Re-classify to an existing code within Santa Clara County
(Example: I’m a Justice System Clerk II but I think I perform Legal Secretary duties; I would use the SCC Legal Secretary)
December 12, 2016
IS/ISD Reorganization – Update #1
As many of you know, ISD, HHS-IS, and SSA-IS has been working on a reorganization/reclassification for the last two years. Representatives from your union have been attending these ITCC Committee meetings on a monthly basis to ensure we protect your rights. The ITCC website offers updates to all workers on the continued efforts of the county working with consulting firms Radford and Gartner.
Read our first update (PDF)
We will be updating you monthly to ensure you have a voice on these matters. Our next ITCC Committee Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 15, 2016.
Stay informed and get involved; your job and salary may change!
Contact your stewards for more information:
- Chief Steward Marvin Gin: Marvin.Gin@hhs.sccgov.org
- Steward Teresa Andrews: Teresa.Andrews@isd.sccgov.org
October 28, 2016
Reclassification Window Opening in November
Interested in applying for a reclassification?
November 28 through December 30, 2016 is the open window when an SEIU Local 521 (former SEIU Local 715 contract only) member may request a reclassification. We were able to win improvements to our contract language that requires the County to complete reclassifications within one year from the date of the request.
Leadership Council / General Membership Meeting: 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
RSVP at SEIU521.Receptionist@seiu521.org or (408) 678-3300.
2017 meetings (*includes Leadership Council meeting prior to General Membership):
- Jan 19*
- Feb 16
- Mar 16*
- Apr 20
- May 18*
- June 15
- July 20*
- Aug 17
- Sept 21*
- Oct 19
- Nov 16*
- Dec 21
Back Log meetings with county: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Healthcare Reform Member Committee meetings: The Tuesday before the 4th Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. SEIU 521 office, 2302 Zanker Road, San Jose
Steward Workshops Sign up online now
Get your Chapter updates by text messaging and/or email Sign up now to get the latest bargaining updates and meeting reminders. For text messages only, simply text 521SCCO to 787753 to subscribe. (Standard text messages rates may apply. Read more.)
THE WORKERS’ VOICE
In this issue:
- 2016 Victories for Workers
Just a few of the victories SEIU members in Santa Clara County achieved in 2016
- Unit Based Teams
When SVHHS employees are a part of a UBT environment, they feel part of a solution to benefit patients.
- 2017 County General Membership Meeting dates
Chapter Officers Chapter Chair:
- wRen Bradley, Social Services
Deputy Chapter Chairs:
- Mullissa Willette, Assessor’s Office
- Marvin Gin, VMC
- Francisco Diaz, Office of the Assessor
- Michael Dunleavy, Social Services
- Administrative, Professional, Technical (APT) – Karen Smit, VMC
- Blue Collar – (vacant)
- Clerical – David Parker, Probation
- Eligibility Supervisors – Frank Medina, AAC
- Eligibility Workers – (vacant)
- Environmental Health – Peder Eriksson, Jr, EVH
- Probation Counselor Safety – Thaddeus Bangle
- Public Health Nursing – Timothy Hill, Public Health
- Social Services – Hector San Roman, Social Services
- Social Service Supervisors – Carla Torres, South County
Chapter Stewards – Updated July 15, 2016
Chapter Bargaining Team – Updated November 10, 2015