We represent nearly 11,000 workers at the County of Santa Clara. Having a problem at work? Contact your steward first.
- Chapter Meetings & Events
- Chapter News
- Chapter Leadership: Officers and Stewards
- Chapter Contract(s)
- Chapter News Archive
December 28, 2015
NEW CONTRACT NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
Our 2015-2019 contract is now available in PDF form and can be viewed online or downloaded to your computer.
SCCo Contract 2015-2019 (PDF)
September 8, 2015
Retroactive pay is coming!
Management has announced that the retroactive pay we are owed back to June 22, 2015 will be included in our October 30, 2015 paychecks.
August 27, 2015
When will we be seeing our new wages?
Now that the new contract has been ratified, we have asked management when we will be getting our differentials, realignments, and the retroactive wage increase we bargained. Here is their response:
- All General Wage Increases, realignments and differentials will appear on our September 4, 2015 paycheck.
- The implementation team is testing new process for more accuracy in paying the retro, and have committed to providing the retro pay date by end of this week.
We thank all of you for your patience, and are very glad that the pay everyone is owed will be coming soon.
August 11, 2015
Tentative Agreement Gains Board’s First Approval
Comprehensive Living Wage Ordinance also extended to County Workers on same day
Today our SEIU 521 Tentative Agreement, which includes a 4.5% wage increase this year, received its first approval by the County Board of Supervisors. Several of our Union Negotiators were present at the board meeting to ensure our Tentative Agreement went through without complication.
The first approval of our Tentative Agreement was further accompanied by another SEIU 521 victory: The County Board approved the extension of the County’s comprehensive living wage ordinance to the County workforce, which will mean County jobs will always be, at minimum, living wage jobs. This overall comprehensive living wage ordinance achievement was a result of a labor-community partnership, intimately involving the participation of SEIU 521.
Per county rules, our Tentative Agreement and Living Wage will require a second approval by the Board, which will take place on August 25, 2015.
At today’s Board meeting, our negotiators were able to verify that our SEIU 521 members will see our general wage increases, wage realignments, and increased OPEB contributions on our September 4, 2015 paycheck. We are presently working with the County to figure out a timeline for when differentials and retroactive compensation will take place; our agreement with the county is retroactive to June 22, 2015.
Leadership Council / General Membership Meeting: 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
RSVP at SEIU521.Receptionist@seiu521.org or (408) 678-3300.
2016 meetings (*includes Leadership Council meeting prior to General Membership):
- January 21*
- February 18
- March 17*
- April 21
- May 19*
- June 16
- July 21*
- August 18
- September 15*
- October 20
- November 17*
- December 15
Back Log meetings with county: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Healthcare Reform Member Committee meetings: The Tuesday before the 4th Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. SEIU 521 office, 2302 Zanker Road, San Jose
Steward Workshops Sign up online now
Get your Chapter updates by text messaging and/or email Sign up now to get the latest bargaining updates and meeting reminders. For text messages only, simply text 521SCCO to 787753 to subscribe. (Standard text messages rates may apply. Read more.)
THE WORKERS’ VOICE
Chapter Officers Chapter Chair:
- wRen Bradley, Social Services
Deputy Chapter Chairs:
- Mullissa Willette, Assessor’s Office
- Marvin Gin, VMC
- Francisco Diaz, Office of the Assessor
- Michael Dunleavy, Social Services
- Administrative, Professional, Technical (APT) – Karen Smit, VMC
- Blue Collar – (vacant)
- Clerical – David Parker, Probation
- Eligibility Supervisors – Frank Medina, AAC
- Eligibility Workers – (vacant)
- Environmental Health – Peder Eriksson, Jr, EVH
- Probation Counselor Safety – Thaddeus Bangle
- Public Health Nursing – Timothy Hill, Public Health
- Social Services – Hector San Roman, Social Services
- Social Service Supervisors – Carla Torres, South County
Chapter Stewards – Updated November 19, 2015
Chapter Bargaining Team – Updated November 10, 2015
October 6, 2015 (PDF)