Santa Clara County Workers Launch Campaign with “Fruits of Our Labor”
Off to a “fresh” campaign start, members educated the public about the vast array of vital services available to residents.
Say “YES! I support investing in Santa Clara County!”
Santa Clara County appears finally ready to take negotiations seriously. By that, we mean management has seriously turned down all of our proposals that would help put our community first.
“We are working to lift up our community, and the County needs to wake up and join us! Saying ‘NO’ to our innovative proposals while offering nothing back is not leadership.” - Carmella DiSopa, Revenues Collections Officer, Department of Revenue
Join us every week for unity breaks to support your Bargaining Team and remind management that we are STRONGER TOGETHER!
The SEIU Local 521 elected bargaining team delivered our Community First opening proposals that outlined critical issues needing improvements in the county and recommendations for a path forward.
“The American Dream is slipping away in Santa Clara County. It’s become almost impossible to afford to live here, we struggle to survive. Let’s demand the County fix the inequality—for us, our families and our community!” ‐ Elba Arciniega, Patient Business Services Clerk, Valley Medical Center
We need the support of our community for the success of our contract campaign.
Here is what you can do:
2. Add your name to the petition: Yes, I support investing in Santa Clara County! Tell your coworkers, friends and family members to add their names to the petition.
3. Get involved at the negotiating table: Become a CAT (Contract Action Team) member! Contact Andrea at Andrea.Hightower@seiu521.org
Let’s win a great contract!
We represent nearly 11,000 workers at the County of Santa Clara.
Having a problem at work? Contact your steward first.
Leadership Council / General Membership Meeting:
3rd Thursday of every month, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
RSVP at SEIU521.Receptionist@seiu521.org or (408) 678-3300. Next meetings:
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
Back Log meetings with county
2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Healthcare Reform Member Committee meetings
The Tuesday before the 4th Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m.
SEIU 521 office, 2302 Zanker Road, San Jose
Steward Workshops Sign up online now
Get your Chapter updates by text messaging and/or email
Sign up now to get the latest bargaining updates and meeting reminders.
For text messages only, simply text 521SCCO to 787753 to subscribe.
(Standard text messages rates may apply. Read more.)
Bargaining Updates (PDF):
Click here for more contract updates and news.
Chapter Officers Chapter Chair:
- wRen Bradley, Social Services
Deputy Chapter Chairs:
- Teresa Perez, Social Services
- Marvin Gin, VMC
- Diana Marroquin, Community Health
- Michael Dunleavy, Social Services
- APT – Pauline Wade
- Blue Collar – Lupe Sandoval Jr., ROV
- Clerical – Muriel Frederick, Clerk of the Board
- Eligibility Supervisors – Frank Medina, AAC
- Eligibility Workers – Claudia Eck, DEBS
- Environmental Health – Peder Eriksson, Jr, EVH
- Probation Counselor Safety – Thaddeus Bangle
- Public Health Nursing – Timothy Hill, Public Health
- Social Services – Hector San Roman, Social Services
- Social Service Supervisors – Carla Torres, South County
Chapter Bargaining Team
County of Santa Clara Bargaining Team 2015
Chapter News Archive
Chapter Election Results – UNOFFICIAL
Unofficial VOTE TALLY – FINAL COUNT (Oct. 10, 2014)
Santa Clara County wage increase comes just in time for the Holidays
Dec. 2013 SEIU 521 won an important wage increase victory this past August when our SEIU 521 Community First campaign pushed the Santa Clara County to offer a 5% wage increase (over two years) on the same day members were scheduled to vote for a strike date.
Community First: Not just a slogan
We stood together and put Community First.
Read the op-ed in the San Jose Mercury News about how our work continues. (Sept. 23, 2013)
We have a contract (Aug. 2013)