Celebrate Local 521′s birthday and Kristy’s retirement!
This year’s birthday party for SEIU Local 521 on May 21, 4:30-6:30 p.m. will also give members an opportunity to send former 521 Chief Elected Officer Kristy Sermersheim off to a happy retirement. Join us!
Members push Supervisors to stop racism
SEIU Local 521 members, the NAACP and Golden West Fresno Community Organization held a joint press conference outside the Fresno County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday to denounce Sheriff Mims for her lack of action regarding the racist and anti-Semitic poster that was placed in a hallway in a Fresno County jail.
Welcome to the Region 4 section. Alysia Bonner is our Region 4 Vice President. Region 4 covers workers in both Fresno and Madera counties. We represent approximately 7,300 workers combined within 14 different chapters, including city workers, county workers, schools workers and much more. Take a look around the site and learn more about your contract; your chapter leadership; and important meetings and events that are coming up. Thank you.
|Chapters in Region 4:
||Events & News in Region 4:|
|Union Offices in Region 4: Fresno|
Central California Legal Services
Coalinga, City of
Fresno Area Substitute Teachers – FASTA
Fresno County (All Units)
Fresno Superior Court (Units 6 & 15)
Fresno Unified School District – FUSD
Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno – FHA
Riverdale Joint Unified School District
5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno, CA 93727
Phone: (559) 447-2560 | Fax: (559) 261-9308
Fresno, Merced and Modesto
Caucuses & Committees Monthly Meetings
SEIU 521 Fresno Office, 5228 E. Pine Ave. (Between Olive & McKinley, off Peach)
Please RSVP by leaving a message at (559) 447-2579.
APALA’s Fifth Annual Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Celebration!
Free Family Event
Saturday, May 18 – 11am- 3pm
There will be cultural foods, activities, raffles, music, performers and more.
APALA 5th Heritage Celebration Flyer 5/18/2013(PDF)
- AFRAM Caucus: 2nd Thursday, 6–8 p.m.
- APALA Caucus: 3rd Tuesday, 5:30–8 p.m. May meeting is cancelled, due to celebration on May 18.
- Communications Committee: 1st Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. via teleconference.
If you’d like to join, please email email@example.com.
- Lavender – Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT): 2nd Wednesday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Latino Caucus: 1st Wednesday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- People Working With Disabilities (PWD): 2nd Tuesday, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Retirees: Last Thursday of the month, 5:30 p.m. In May, the meeting will be on Wednesday, May 22 at 6 p.m.
- Social and Economic Justice (SEJ): 2nd Tuesday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Women’s Caucus: 1st Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.