Children Over Politics
Do you have a child who could learn and be passionate about something meaningful? Maybe you know a young person who would benefit from volunteering? If so, we are looking for the future of the labor movement between the ages of 15-25 to engage in our new youth advocacy group called Children Over Politics. The first meeting will take place in Fresno on Saturday, August 29.
Coming together, and fighting strong together, SEIU Local 521 members in Fresno County were able to secure a contract that puts us back on the road to recovery after years of cuts.
The election of Bargaining Unit 2 over the past month had serious flaws and errors and we will be filing charges with PERB to contest the results. Read more.
2015 Steward Workshops
SEIU Local 521′s Education & Training Committee is proud to sponsor the 2015 Steward Workshop series. Our union is growing. With the help of our dedicated members and shop stewards, SEIU Local 521 will continue to direct the power of our union back into the workplace where it belongs. Any SEIU 521 member can attend these free trainings. Sign up now!
Welcome to the Region 4 section. Alysia Bonner is our Region 4 Vice President. Region 4 covers workers in both Fresno and Madera counties. We represent approximately 7,300 workers combined within 14 different chapters, including city workers, county workers, schools workers and much more. Take a look around the site and learn more about your contract; your chapter leadership; and important meetings and events that are coming up. Thank you.
Region 4 Vice President Report – June 2015
Click here to print report: Regional Vice President’s Report June 2015 (PDF)
|Chapters in Region 4:
||Events & News in Region 4:|
|Union Offices in Region 4: Fresno|
Central California Legal Services
Coalinga, City of
Fresno Area Substitute Teachers – FASTA
Fresno County (All Units)
Fresno Superior Court (Units 6 & 15)
Fresno Unified School District – FUSD
Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno – FHA
Riverdale Joint Unified School District
5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno, CA 93727
Phone: (559) 447-2560 | Fax: (559) 261-9308
Unless specified, all meetings and events take place at SEIU Local 521, 5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno (Between Olive & McKinley, off Peach)
RSVP: Liane.Mazzella@seiu521.org or (559) 447-2579.
Fresno, Merced and Modesto
Fresno Executive Board Meetings
Sept. 8 | Oct. 13
Caucuses & Committees Monthly Meetings
- AFRAM Caucus: 2nd Thursday, 5:30–8:00 p.m.
- APALA Caucus: 3rd Tuesday, 5:30–8:00 p.m.
- Communications Committee: 1st Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. via teleconference. If you’d like to join, please email email@example.com.
- COPE Meetings: 3rd Wednesday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Lavender – Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT): 3rd Thursday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Latino Caucus: 1st Wednesday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Native American Caucus: 3rd Monday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- People Working With Disabilities (PWD): 2nd Tuesday, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Retirees: 1st Wednesday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Social and Economic Justice (SEJ): 2nd Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Women’s Caucus: 1st Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.