In honor of African American History Month: Celebrating our Greatness
Agenda & flyer: AFRAM Black History Month Celebration: Feb. 28 (PDF)
Food, games, presentation, music and fun for everyone
When: Saturday, Feb. 28, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: SEIU Local 521, 5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno
RSVP necessary to ensure there is enough food for everyone: (559) 447-2579
2015 Steward Workshops
SEIU Local 521′s Education & Training Committee is proud to sponsor the 2015 Steward Workshop series. Our union is growing. With the help of our dedicated members and shop stewards, SEIU Local 521 will continue to direct the power of our union back into the workplace where it belongs. Any SEIU 521 member can attend these free trainings. Sign up now!
Members from Fresno Housing Authorities, First Student, and Fresno County participated in the Unleashing Our Power at the Fresno Union Hall. The event was hosted by staff from SEIU International and covered new strategies and tactics for organizing and growing our union. The workshop focused on real-life organizing opportunities and challenges.
Welcome to the Region 4 section. Alysia Bonner is our Region 4 Vice President. Region 4 covers workers in both Fresno and Madera counties. We represent approximately 7,300 workers combined within 14 different chapters, including city workers, county workers, schools workers and much more. Take a look around the site and learn more about your contract; your chapter leadership; and important meetings and events that are coming up. Thank you.
|Chapters in Region 4:
||Events & News in Region 4:|
|Union Offices in Region 4: Fresno|
Central California Legal Services
Coalinga, City of
Fresno Area Substitute Teachers – FASTA
Fresno County (All Units)
Fresno Superior Court (Units 6 & 15)
Fresno Unified School District – FUSD
Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno – FHA
Riverdale Joint Unified School District
5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno, CA 93727
Phone: (559) 447-2560 | Fax: (559) 261-9308
Unless specified, all meetings and events take place at SEIU Local 521, 5228 E. Pine Ave., Fresno (Between Olive & McKinley, off Peach)
RSVP: Liane.Mazzella@seiu521.org or (559) 447-2579.
Fresno, Merced and Modesto
Fresno Executive Board Meetings
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every quarter. Open to all the Fresno County Officers.
Caucuses & Committees Monthly Meetings
- AFRAM Caucus: 2nd Thursday, 5:30–8:00 p.m.
- APALA Caucus: 3rd Tuesday, 5:30–8:00 p.m.
- Communications Committee: 1st Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. via teleconference. If you’d like to join, please email email@example.com.
- COPE Meetings: 3rd Wednesday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Lavender – Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT): 3rd Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Latino Caucus: 1st Wednesday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Native American Caucus: 3rd Monday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- People Working With Disabilities (PWD): 2nd Tuesday, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Retirees: 1st Wednesday, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Social and Economic Justice (SEJ): 2nd Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Women’s Caucus: 1st Monday, 5:30–8 p.m.