We represent 263 workers at Fresno Superior Courts (Units 6 & 15)
Having a problem at work? Contact your steward first.
2014-2015 Voluntary Furlough Leave Program
Click here to print flyer: FSC Voluntary Furlough Leave Program Flyer (PDF)
Your Bargaining Team negotiated a great benefit which will allow more members to take the holidays off. This Voluntary Furlough Program will extend time off during Christmas and New Years.
- Employees may voluntarily sign up for four days of furlough. All furlough days must be taken on December 24, 26 and 31 of 2014 and January 2, 2015. The court may require you to work during the reduced staffing days even though you paid for VFL due to operational needs. If required to work, you will be able to use your VFL at a later time.
- All voluntary furlough hours must be used by June 19, 2015. Any unused voluntary furlough will be forfeited.
- Agreed process for selection of workers during reduced staffing days is: 1) Request volunteers first and 2) Insufficient volunteers-selection will be made by inverse seniority.
- The 120-hour minimum annual leave usage requirement will be waived for employees who sign up for all four days of voluntary furlough.
- Employees must sign up for voluntary furlough by September 5, 2014 and indicate which days they would like to be furloughed.
- The court will begin deducting payments for the voluntary furlough effective the pay period beginning September 15, 2014. Deductions will be taken over 20 pay periods.
- Upon separation, the court will reconcile the voluntary furlough hours taken with what was deducted and the employee’s final check will be adjusted accordingly.
- Once an employee signs up for voluntary furlough, it is irrevocable except by order of the CEO.
- There will be no impact to retirement.
PERB RULES IN OUR FAVOR!
Click here to print flyer: PERB Ruling Flyer (PDF)
Proposed ruling is great news for our Court
The Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) issued a proposed ruling in our favor on an Unfair Practice Charge filed by the Union to challenge the Court’s “dress and appearance” and solicitation and distribution policies. If the ruling stands, Court managers will be forced to stop interfering with our ability to distribute literature to members in the workplace during non-working time and in non-working areas. This ruling would also prohibit the Court’s categorical ban on wearing and displaying union regalia and images on Court property, such as union buttons, pins and posters. These are basic rights that the Court never should have taken from us. We should celebrate PERB recognizing our right to stand strong together in our workplace. The Court has indicated they will appeal this proposed ruling and that could take up to a year to resolve. We are preparing an appeal of the judge’s holding that the Court’s solicitation policy is lawful because it only prohibits solicitation during working hours. We believe that the Court’s solicitation policy, as written, is reasonably interpreted to prohibit solicitation for the entire duration of an employee’s shift, even when the employee is off-duty.
We need to continue to stand together for our rights!
Chapter Furlough Pay Back Vote Passes!
Votes were counted on Friday, June 13 at Noon in Dept. 50. Members unanimously voted YES regarding paying back members for Mandatory Furlough in FY 2012/2013. members will receive a check on Friday, June 20, 2014 of approximately 4.62% of up to 96 hours of furlough taken in FY 2012/2013.
Your Bargaining Team thanks you for the vote turnout.
The Bargaining team will begin negotiations about July 1, 2014 and will be proposing more economic adjustments for members. Lookout for upcoming meeting dates and times.
Bargaining Team and Officers Elections
Ballots were mailed to all Unit 6 and 15 members at their home address on Friday, May 16.
Make sure to mail your ballots in to the union office no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, May 29, 2014.
The following members were unopposed and are therefore automatically elected into office.
Bargaining Team Members:
Juan Alvarado – Child Custody Recommending Counselor/Family Court Mediator
Irma Nunez – Office Assistant
Barbara Graves – JA Courtroom
Beatrice Gonzales – JA Office
Court Reporters election is between John Terry and Natalie Kesterson-Kjar
Doreen Perkins – President
Secretary/Treasurer – No nominees, vacant
Chief Steward – No nominees, vacant
Unit 6 Vice President election is between Barbara Graves and Patricia Gonzales
Unit 15 Vice President election is between John Terry and Natalie Kesterson-Kjar
Chapter Worksite Meeting
WHEN: Thursday, June 5, noon-1 p.m.
WHERE: Superior Courts, 1100 Van Ness Ave., Dept. 50
Topics of Discussion:
* State Budget-Court Funding
* Court Proposal-Union vs. Unrepresented/Management
* January vs. May revise final legislators update
* Surveys-Received vs. Membership Enrollment
* Bargaining Team & Officers
Meeting – June 5 Flyer (PDF)
Sign Up Here for Steward Trainings:
Sign-up for email alerts:http://521.seiu.org/signup
Visit our courts blog: Stop Court Waste
Officer and Bargaining Team elections are currently taking place. All ballots must be received in the union office no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, May 29.
Courts Leadership Nomination Flyer Due May 2 (PDF)
Courts Bargaining Team Nomination Flyer Due May 2 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Sisk Flyer 4.17.14 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Dept. 50 Flyer 4.15.14 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Sisk Flyer 3.25.14 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Dept. 50 Flyer March 24 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Sisk Flyer March 12 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Dept. 50 Flyer March 11 (PDF)
Fresno Courts Unit 6 Contract 2.6.13 – 9.29.13 (PDF)
Fresno Courts Unit 15 Contract 2.6.13 – 9.29.13 (PDF)
Fresno Courts Sideletter In-Combination Promotions 9.19.12 (PDF)
Fresno Courts Sideletter School Visit 9.25.12 (PDF)
Fresno Courts Sideletter Step Increases 9.19.12 (PDF)
Courts Contract Ratification Vote Flyer (PDF)
Courts TA Fact Sheet Summary (PDF)
Fresno Courts Survey (PDF)
CCMS Victory Flyer 4 18 12 (PDF)
FSC Meeting Flyer 3.15.12 (PDF)
FSC, Contract Extension Vote Flyer, Aug. 12, 2011 (PDF)
Fresno Superior Court Flyer, April 28, 2011 (PDF)
Courts Chapter Meeting December 20 (PDF)