521′s birthday and Kristy’s retirement
This year’s birthday party for SEIU Local 521 on May 21 also gave members an opportunity to send former 521 Chief Elected Officer Kristy Sermersheim off to a happy retirement. Check out the photos!
How to complete new timesheets
Starting in May 2013, IHSS will have a new payroll system and a new process for submitting timesheets by providers.
“Thank you for electing me as Region 6 Vice President , representing home care workers in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. We have a lot of challenges ahead. Home care workers are strong and we always fight for our clients, our services, and our contract. Let’s stay united and strong and make 2013 a great year for home care!”
– Yong Soung, Region 6 Vice President (Home Care)
|Chapters in Region 6:||Events & News in Region 6:|
|Home Care Union Offices & Hotlines: San Mateo | Santa Clara|
San Mateo Home Care Hotline
English: (650) 801-3501 | Chinese: (650) 801-3503 |Spanish: (650) 801-3502
SAN CARLOS OFFICE:
981 Industrial Rd., Suite A, San Carlos, CA 94070
Santa Clara Home Care Hotline
English: (408) 678-3365 | Chinese: (408) 678-3387
Spanish: (408) 678-3368 | Vietnamese: (408) 678-3377
SAN JOSE OFFICE:
2302 Zanker Rd., San Jose, CA 95131
Phone: (408) 678-3300 | Fax: (408) 954-1538
Phone: (650) 801-3500 | Fax: (650) 595-1930
Please RSVP to SEIU521.Receptionist@seiu521.org or (408) 678-3300.
Region 6 Meetings
New meetings will be scheduled soon.
Steward Trainings in San Jose and San Carlos
Sign up now
San Carlos: 2nd Thursday of the month, 5:30 p.m.
San Jose: 1st Tuesday of the month, 5:30 p.m.
Caucuses & Committees Monthly Meetings
- AFRAM Caucus: 3rd Saturday at Noon in San Jose office.
- APALA Caucus: New meetings will be scheduled soon.
- Communications Committee: 1st Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. via teleconference.
- Latino Caucus: 2nd Saturday, 10 a.m-Noon in San Jose office,
or by teleconference: 888-296-1938; participant # 105331.
- People Working With Disabilities (PWD): 2nd Tuesday, 3-5:30 p.m. in San Jose office.
- Social and Economic Justice (SEJ) Committee: 2nd Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. in San Jose office, or by teleconference: 888-296-1938; participant # 825053.