“I am a Stanislaus County Employee fighting for a fair contract. During our unfair labor practice strike on November 5, we exercised the right to express our frustrations and demand change. Throughout this journey, I have realized that it is important to ensure we have people in powerful positions that will listen to their constituents and county employees. I hope that Frank Damrell gets elected as County Supervisor so that we can start making changes in our community.”
– Samantha Carballo, Stanislaus County SEIU 521 Member
|State Senate District 12: Anna Caballero – WIN
Anna Caballero began her career advocating for farmworkers and working people in Salinas and the Central Valley. She believes everyone should be treated with dignity and respect at work and has fought for families and our children as an elected official.
|U.S. Congress District 10: Josh Harder – WIN|
Stanislaus County Supervisor, District 3: Tony Madrigal – LOSSTony Madrigal has been elected two times to the Modesto City Council and is currently the Vice-Mayor. He grew up as a farmworker and has been a long-time advocate for working families.
Frank Damrell was raised in Modesto and attended public schools before graduating from Downey High School. He works for Senator Cathleen Galgiani, as her district representative in Stanislaus County. He has helped to resolve bureaucratic misunderstandings, advocated for local interests, and helped to coordinate the Senator’s efforts on behalf of Modesto, Stanislaus County, and the Central Valley.
|Patterson City Council: Cynthia Homen – Close; waiting for final results|
- California Governor: Gavin Newsom – WIN
- California Lt. Governor: Ed Hernandez – LOSS
- California Attorney General: Xavier Becerra – WIN
- California Secretary of State: Alex Padilla – WIN
- California Treasurer: Fiona Ma – WIN
- California Controller: Betty Yee – WIN
- California Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara – Close; waiting for final results
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond – WIN
State Ballot Measures*
- Proposition 1 (YES): Veterans and Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 2 (YES): No Place Like Home Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 4 (YES): Children’s Hospital Bond Act of 2018 – WIN
- Proposition 5 (NO): Higher Housing Costs. Cuts to Schools – WIN
- Proposition 6 (NO): Stop the Attack on Bridge and Road Safety – WIN
- Proposition 8 (YES): Fair Pricing for Dialysis Act. Limits Charges – LOSS
- Proposition 10 (YES): Affordable Housing Act (Repeals Costa Hawkins, Expands Locals’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Property) – LOSS
- Proposition 11 (NO): Emergency Ambulance Employee Safety and Preparedness (Requires Private Ambulance Workers to Remain On-Call During Breaks) – LOSS
- Proposition 12 (YES): Prevention of Cruelty to Farm Animals – WIN
- U.S. Senate: Kevin de León – LOSS
* SEIU California Endorsed. Local 521 members participated in the SEIU California One Voice process that led to these endorsements. SEIU members across California gathered at regional town halls and our statewide convention to hear from candidates for district office, statewide office, and Congress. Members have exercised their voice and endorsed candidates who they believe will fight for our communities, support fair compensation, and the right to a union.
** Labor endorsed. Local 521 members participated in Central Labor Council candidates endorsement interviews and voted as delegates on these positions.